The Public Safety Academy began in 2011 as a non-profit co-ed public high school program for students in 10th-12th grade and added the 9th grade in 2014. PSA is a four-year full-time commitment for students interested in preparing for college and/or a career in police, fire, and emergency medical services (prehospital care). PSA is funded through the California Department of Education's California Partnership Academies grant and adheres to the "school-within-a-school" model.
Purpose of the California Partnership Academies is for students to graduate high school on time with knowledge and entry level industry skills necessary for post-high school college and career opportunities.
Mission of the Public Safety Academy is to provide students with academic and industry experience to be successful in life and in public safety.
Industry partners and sponsors oversee the Public Safety Academy through curriculum and training development, hosting field trips, and providing mentors, internships, and guest speakers, as well as financial accountability. We appreciate their time and dedication to our students and academy.
- CAL FIRE / Riverside County Fire
- California Highway Patrol, Indio
- College of the Desert, Public Safety Academy
- Desert Hot Springs Police Department
- Desert Regional Medical Center
- Eisenhower Medical Center
- Mothers Against Drunk Drivers, Inland Empire
- PSUSD Security & Disaster Preparedness
- Riverside County Emergency Management Department
- Riverside University Health System, Public Health
PSA Videos & In the News
What is PSA?
Senior Project 2019
PSA Games Spring 2016
CERT Training Fall 2016